Resources for Alumni and Friends
We are extremely proud of our many alumni worldwide. Please share your opinions and thoughts with us and help us stay connected by keeping your contact information current. We encourage you to visit often to keep up with the latest department news and events!
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering is grateful to its alumni and friends for their support of scholarships that are available to students currently enrolled in the Department.
For a complete listing of all endowed scholarships in the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, visit the WVU Foundation Scholarship Recognition Webpage.
Academy of Distinguished Alumni
The Academy of Distinguished Alumni of Aerospace Engineering, founded on April 21, 1990, recognizes graduates of Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering from West Virginia University and others active in the field of aerospace sciences who bring honor to the discipline and who have had distinguished professional careers.
The Academy of Distinguished Alumni of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics, founded on June 9, 1990, recognizes graduates of Mechanical Engineering and Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from West Virginia University and others active in the related fields who bring honor to the discipline and who have had distinguished professional careers.
The Visiting Committee is composed of representatives of those who hire our graduates, including BS-, MS- and PhD-degree holders. The Committee fulfills an important role in the Department by providing feedback which ensures that students graduating at all levels have the skills that they need to be marketable. During their annual meeting, the Committee members hear from the chair, faculty, undergraduate students, graduate students and college administrators. The Committee reports its findings to the chair, the dean and the provost.
- Alberto Ayala, California Air Resources Board
- Tracy Baker, Duke Energy
- John C. Benner, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Gregg Corley, ATK Tactical Systems Company
- Christine Cropp, Arion Systems, Inc.
- David B. Doman, AFRL/RQQA
- Gary Fleming, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA
- William L. Fourney, Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland
- Mark F. Horstemeyer, Mississippi State University
- Neil Jubeck, Naval Air Warfare Center (Retired)
- Robb Lenhart, IBM: Global Business Services
- James T. Lewis, Jr., US Naval Test Pilot School
- Aubra D. McKisic, Trinity Rail
- Thomas L. Moore, Defense Systems Information Analysis Center (DSIAC)
- Tim Pawlak, ANSYS, Inc.
- James M. Snider II, Aurora Flight Sciences
- John S. Tomblin, Wichita State University, National Institute for Aviation Research
- Bob Welch, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, West Virginia, Inc.
- Scott C. Wenger, National Aeronautics & Space Administration
- E. Richard White, ViGYAN, Inc.
- Kirk Yerkes, Air Force Research Laboratory, Propulsion Directorate